Monday, December 2, 2013

Nail Honey's Bee Day Trio

A few weeks ago, I came across a picture on Instagram that caught my eye. It was a picture of a polish by the indie brand Nail Honey. Cute name right? Love it! Anyway, I immediately followed her Instagram and started polish-stalking her.  Her polishes are absolutely freakin' gorgeous! Eventually, I worked up the nerve to contact her through kik (an instant messaging app) and found her to be one of the sweetest people I've met.  I eventually convinced the hubs (you'll be hearing about him a lot) to let me buy some of her polishes....for the blog, of course! *wink wink, nudge nudge*

The day she opened up shop, I scooped up her "Bee Day Collection Trio".  It contains three polishes (Duh, Molly...trio...three...) - "27 Candles", "11:11" and "Crown Jewels". As soon as I got them, which was *really* fast...I mean...I ordered on a Saturday, it shipped out Monday and I had it by Wednesday.  How's that for kick-ass customer service?!

"27 Candles" is described as - "A birthday cake in a bottle! This creamy, strawberry base is filled with a rainbow of sprinkles in the form of hex glitters! On top of that, there's various micro-fine glittahs that make the polish dry with a shimmery, rose gold finish!"



I found that to be a pretty damn accurate description. It's a perfect, creamy pink (it seriously looks like melty strawberry ice cream) with a literal rainbow of various-size hex glitters and a really pretty micro-fine rosy pink shimmer. I love all things rose gold so this was really up my polish alley! It's seriously the prettiest, girliest birthday cake.... shoved into a bottle and without the calories or guilt!

The first coat applied very nicely....slightly streaky but, nothing major and it didn't bother me in the least. I got pretty decent glitters that distributed nicely over my nail. The shimmer....oh my, the shimmer!....even on the first coat, it's gorgeous!  I'm pretty sure you could get away with 2 even coats but, I went with 3 just to be on the safe side. It was *very* shiny, even without a top coat, though I did use one for the swatch....because I'm weird and OCD and can't go without a top coat...it'd be like leaving the house without a bra, not gonna happen! I've never seen a polish quite like this one! So. Much. Sparkle. I couldn't stop looking at my hands because the light would keep catching on each little bit of glitter and it was just SO pretty!


*My apologies for the less-than-perfect pictures.  I'm currently working on a new lighting setup so please be patient with me!*


"11:11" is described as - "Packed with silver holo and black hex (glitters), along with silver crescent moons and bright blue stars! All of this submerged in a scattered holo, royal blue base!"



Again....a pretty accurate description. It's a beautiful royal blue jelly base crammed full of glittery goodness! Now...I have to confess something here. I'm not really all that schooled in the differences between jelly and "crelly"....I actually hate the word "crelly" because....well, it's not a real word! So, chances are I'll be sticking with the usual jelly, creme, glitter, shimmer, etc. This polish is indeed a jelly though, and a gorgeous one at that! In true jelly fashion, it was semi-sheer on the first coat.  I was able to get a fair amount of glitters but sadly, no moons.

The second coat went on smooth and seeing the depth it created over the first coat was amazing! Like the first coat, no moons on the second coat. I shook this polish every which way and even stuck a small orange-wood stick in there to see if I could scare some up from the bottom. Unfortunately....this was a losing battle. Molly 0 - Moons 2.  Don't get me wrong, I absolutely *LOVE* this polish...the color, the sparkle...it's to die for.  It's seriously like a starry night sky fell face-first onto my nails....wait, can skies fall face-first? Yes! I say they can!

I used two coats plus top coat (remember....no top coat = no bra).  Like "27 candles" it was super shiny without top coat but, using one just made the shimmers and glitters come alive! The *only* con I could come up with for this one was the moons...those stubborn little bastards! I *will* be victorious eventually!




"Crown Jewels" is described as - A purple crelly (ahhh, that non-word!) base filled with an assortment of hexagon and fiber glitters! Two coats and you're set!"


I found this one to be a beautiful royal purple jelly base with silver hex, small blue, hot pink/magenta and black hex, black and white fiber glitter and a rainbow of micro glitters and shimmers. So, so pretty.  The first coat was quite sheer, as most jelly bases are but, it made up for the sheerness with a whole lot of sparkle! Wow! I just couldn't get over how pretty this one was and I definitely don't have anything else like it in my stash. It took 3 full coats to cover any VNL (visible nail line) but, everyone's nails are different so you might be able to get away with 2 good coats.

Each new coat produced more glitter and sparkle and by the third coat, my nails were jam-packed with super-sparkle. I had no trouble pulling out glitters, even the bigger pieces came out and applied easily. The micro-fine fiber glitters are really different and make this polish even more interesting! I've seen polishes with bar and fiber glitters before and wasn't super impressed by them, especially those "fuzzy" looking ones....ew, just EW! The fibers in this don't bother me in the least though and actually add some awesome dimension.

As with the other 2 polishes in this trio, "Crown Jewels" had a crazy shiny finish without top coat and a truly jelly-like finish.....yummy and squishy! Although...."yummy" and "squishy" aren't really words that you'd think to describe polish with but....oh well. They work here!



The Final Verdict:  Get your asses over to Nail Honey's storenvy and pick this trio up! It's worth every penny!!

Find Nail Honey here:

Instagram
Storenvy
Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment